The Aging Mastery Program (AMP) empowers older adults to make and maintain small but impactful changes in their behaviors. AMP offers an innovative approach to help individuals successfully navigate this phase of life. The program incorporates evidence-informed materials, expert speakers, group discussion, and peer support to give participants the skills and tools they need to achieve measurable improvements in managing their health, remaining economically secure, and contributing actively to society.
- Who is eligible? Any Tompkins County resident age 50 and above.
- What is the cost? The value of this program is over $100 per individual, but Lifelong is able to offer this series FREE due to the generous support of the NYS Office for the Aging and the Tompkins County Office for the Aging.
The core curriculum includes 10 sessions. Participants need to be committed to attending no fewer than 7 of the 10 sessions.
The Aging Mastery curriculum includes the following weekly topics:
- Navigating Longer Lives: The Basics of Aging Mastery
- Healthy Eating & Hydration
- Financial Fitness
- Communicating with Your Doctor
- Advance Planning
- Healthy Relationships
- Falls Prevention
- Community Engagement
- Exercise & You
For more information and to register, please contact Teri Reinemann at Lifelong, email@example.com or call 607-273-1511.